Dear Reader(s),
I have always wanted to say that (in hopes that people read my writing). One day.
You may have noticed my lack of blog postings. Let me tell this to you, I got overwhelmed. My life is full of insights and experiences. I have too many things that I am interested in and I couldn’t narrow my blog “theme” down to just one idea. However, I have made a break through.
Two months ago, I left Brigham Young University- Idaho. I started out a young, naive, determined individual that thought I could conquer the world with my smile and charisma- I was ready become an esteemed journalist working for a non-profit organization and create awareness for millions through my writing.
False.
In the past two months I have dabbled in pest control door-to-door sales, I have bummed it on a beach with two traveling companions and I have spent some of my days on a lake forgetting that responsibilities were to be had.
There has been one reoccurring theme throughout my travels, extravaganzas, adventures: Food. It has taken me four years of undergrad studies and two months of “floating” to realize that my calling in life is to be a “Foodie”.
According to Webster’s Online Dictionary, a Foodie is a person having an avid interest in the latest food fads. I don’t necessarily love the latest food fads, but I definitely have an avid interest in food and restaurants.
So, begins my Foodie adventure, along with other tid bits here- and- there I am sure. Random fact # 1: I have brilliant ideas and rarely follow through with them. Maybe it will finally change.
Recent travels to tell of and critique… Coming Soon?
Laurel,MD
-Bojangles
Buxton, NC
-Orange blossom bakery and café
Duck Beach, NC
-Sunset grill
-Baldies burger
MARA. you're back. please, stay and chat a while. i love your blog writings. also, i don't know what you were talking about when you said, "I have brilliant ideas and rarely follow through with them." you almost always follow through. girl, you craaazy. please make your blog a foodie blog. i will read it with envy of your eatings.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, love. Stay forever. I've missed you. We NEED to catch up. Like... a lot has happened in the year and a half since we saw each other last. A LOT. Love you!
ReplyDelete