Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bojangles

Two for two! So far, my Foodie-ness adventure is successful.

Bojangles-(Pronounced Boh-jane-gulls, kind of with an accent)

It’s just fun to say and makes me think of this song, Janglin.

A month ago I moved to Maryland to sell pest control and I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I had been knocking doors all day trying to find those poor souls who desperately needed our pest control product. Turns out, I am the poor soul; I knocked for 7-8 hours without any luck and I was at my wit’s end. (I’m not really sure what that means, but I had had enough, seriously though). My coworkers, Morgan and Brian, kept talking about buying these “Bo Berry Biscuits” before we could go home. Being from St. Louis, MO, I had no idea what a Bo Berry Biscuit was. I thought these boys just had speech impediments and couldn’t say blue berry biscuits.

Let me pause to say, I love going out to eat at restaurants for the ambiance, the dinner conversation and the company of friends and family. Alas, I don’t eat fast food all that often.

Morgan pulls up to this fast food restaurant called “Bojangles” and proceeds to order six “Bo Berry Biscuits” with the grand total being $3.00. We waited at least 5 minutes at the window for this so-called fast food. I was expecting mini muffins but the guy at the window hands out a box big enough for 12 Krispie Kremes .

Bo Berry Biscuits are the best. Maybe a long-winded introduction but they deserve it. They are served hot with the icing spilling over the sides. My mouth is watering just imagining it. The outer layer is a little crunchy but the middle is soft and doughy, mix that with some blue berries and you have the most delectable treat after a long day of work. They are affordable and filling. One would probably suffice, but you can’t just stop at one because they are that good.

My pest control routine didn’t last for more than a couple of weeks but I believe everything happens for a reason. Had I never moved to Maryland, I wouldn’t have ever discovered Bo Berry Biscuits. And that would be a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment