Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Uniquely Normal

Recently I spotted this charming blog titled, “Uniquely Normal”. I love those juxtapositions. . . Which is why I continued to read it. I started to think that my life was such the uniquely normal life because, in essence, everyone is normal in their own way. I believe I have written this before, but I know that everyone has a story and I like to hear it. It probably isn’t my place but that annoying conscience of mine doesn’t stop me from finding out those stories.
Anyways, just some things that have made my normal life unique:
- Today I cut my peanut butter and jelly sandwich into triangles, because that’s how my mom would do it if I was at home. I am 20. I am a mama’s girl, you could say.
- On Fridays, I attend the Farmer’s Market. That’s a market for Farmers. My favorite people there are Twila ( which is not short for NaTwila) and Scott. They have been married for 30+ years and they make homemade fudge- that I never buy, but always sample 
- I get excited about the little things. Today I read something that my sister wrote and it moved me. That’s what I mean by learning people’s stories- you see different sides of people all of the time, even if you have known them your whole life.
- Sometimes I like to dance however my body feels like moving. In my mind I feel like I am the main character in “Step-Up”, but then I remember I’m just a girl going to school in Idaho and that I look like it too.
- Ants need Thanksgiving too. So that is just what I did: fed the ants a spoon full of peanut butter on the hardwood floor while playing scrabble with my dearling friend, Nicki.
- I have a blue, vintage bike named, ________, with a delightful little bell. Any suggestions for the name? I was thinking Humphrey but I’m saving that name for my first dog. Please don’t steal that if you’re reading this- is anyone reading this?
- Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I meet my girl friends for lunch and we then proceed to sing a song from “Glee” while dancing. No, we don’t care who is watching. Yes, you only live once. Unless you believe in reincarnation- which sometimes I do.
- If I was reincarnated, I would come back as a pig. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/717711/fascinating_facts_about_pigs.html
- I work for this nice lady who always reminds me that you can’t live in the past and you can’t live in the future, all you have is now… Now and a piece of paper. She is a wise lady.
- I have lots of ideas that I don’t act on and I start lots of projects that I don’t finish. One night I bought many supplies to make my own TOMS and cut out the fabric. The fabric is still just sitting in my room. That was 3 weeks ago. Also, I wanted to do a Julia Child blog and get famous and have it turned into a movie http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/ - but my brownies taste like feet, so that doesn’t work.
I don’t really know how to end this, and I don’t really want to try and think about it. So that’s that.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness! You are too cute for words. If I had a lot of money, I would buy your blog and make a movie. I would also send you money to buy fudge from Twila and Scott. Then I would send you money to mail it to ME!!
    Humphrey? I LOVE IT!! I promise I won't steal it. It's yours. Is your bike a boy or a girl? That would help. I like Gretta or Hurbert. Or Lillian or Wiley. I still haven't seen your bike. Pictures please! - I love you babe! I love that you cut your sandwich the way I do. You're my sunshine! - ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. mara dear, you are so delightful.-selah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mara! what a delightful post! I think I am going to enjoy reading your blog. yes. I think I will enjoy it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeffery would be a terrific bike name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I would love some feet brownies please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mara, this is Tina. I must say, you're too cute! I enjoyed your post. But on the topic of your bicycle-- I vote

    Eleanore, Heloise, or Nicolette (if it's a girl)
    -or-
    Milton or Mortimer (if it's a boy)

    :) Kloveyoubyeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mara, post a pic of the bike! It's hard to name a baby you haven't seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hhheeavveennnss apparently people read and love your blog miss mara! that means you have to post more regaularly. i love and miss you and i'm glad that sometimes i can peer into your silly, uniquely normal mind. lovelovelove. forever. pb/thanksgiving/creepycrawlyants FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mara i've read this entry at least four times. i like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete